Question
Posted by: Lize | 2008/08/21

baby not gaining enough weight

Hallo, I' m 33 weeks pregnant with a girl. She now weights 1.6kg. What can I do to help her gain weight? My weight gain is perfectly normal. I' m gaining about 500gm per week. The baby is only gaining about 50gm per week. At this rate she' ll only weigh 1.9kg at birth? The rest of her measurements are normal. We have had a specialist scan and everything is fine. My dr says she is a miniature. I would still like to try and get some weight on her body. Please - any advise.

It cannot be that the measurements are normal but the weight is low, as the weight is calculated form the measurements. If you are small in stature, your baby may be naturally small. If there is a problem with poor placental blood supply, there would be other signs detected on the scan.

1
Posted by: MB1 | 2008/08/22

Hello there i think you need to relax all will be ok. My baby only weighed 1.5 at 34 weeks. I don' t think you need to worry to much especially if they say everything is ok. And she might just have a growth hike in the last couple of weeks! Try eating bananas joghurt cheese lots of spinach (no it won t help to gain weight but the iron intake is fantastic) just relax baby will be more than fine. Good luck

Reply to MB1