Question
Posted by: Nini | 2010-09-15

baby no 2

Hi there, just want to ask something out of curiosity. We struggled for 7 years to fall pregnant, it was unexplained infertility, then last year it just happened. I now have a 7 month old little girl!!!!! My question is, due to us struggling to fall pregnant before, I am feeling a little anxious about starting to try for another baby. I am just so scared that it takes another 7 years, and then I''ve wasted time waiting for the " right time"  to start trying? We have agreed that we want one more baby and want to wait at least 1 more year, but my emotions are getting the better of me. Is the success rate better the second time round? I''ve heard that if you struggled before, and then concieved, it means the " problem"  is fixed? Any advise?

It is impossible to say what will happen this time, especially as there was no explanation for the infertility.

3
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2010-09-19

Posted by: Anon | 2010-09-16

Its easier to fall pregnant agin within months after having a baby, it is said that the pregnancy hormones are still active in ur body, and makes it easier to fall pregnant then.

Posted by: Unique | 2010-09-16

From what I''ve year there is no relationship between the 2 i.e. the length of time it took to fall pregnant first time is not an indicator of how long it''s gonna take second time around. My friend took about 8 years to fall pregnant (artificial insemination failed) - they go pregnant naturally. seh fell pregnant again when the 1st baby was 5 months old.

Reply to Unique