Question
Posted by: Smurfie | 2010/06/08

Baby Gender

Hi. I found out this morning that I''m pregnant. I urgently need to find out what the baby gender is, because I don''t want a girl. Is there a way I can find out early enough?

Gender can be seen on scan from about 16 weeks. There is a blood test which can be done earlier but is very expensive.

12

Posted by: Smurfie | 2010/06/09

Thank u all for your answers. Have a great day!

Reply to Smurfie
Posted by: Me | 2010/06/09

there is a blood test you can do at 8 weeks. Apparently very accurate but it is expensive. Some dischems have it or you can search the internet for dnalysis and they send a nurse to you.
I haven''t done it before though.

Reply to Me
Posted by: Me | 2010/06/09

I haven''t done it before though.

Reply to Me
Posted by: Toto | 2010/06/08

Unfortunately it is not up to us to decide gender, there is a reason to everything even if you get another girl just be grateful.

Reply to Toto
Posted by: Smurfie | 2010/06/08

Thank U Zama. I really do hope this is a boy. I only want 1 daughter, and then the 2 sons can look after her. Thank u for understanding.

Reply to Smurfie
Posted by: Zama | 2010/06/08

Hi Smurf, I posted at about the same time you did. Did not see your response. So sorry to hear about the rape. it''s a terrible violation. Maybe God will bless you with another blue this time around. Good luck!

Reply to Zama
Posted by: Zama | 2010/06/08

There is no way you can find out the gender for certain until the baby is about 16 weeks or so. That is, until your doc can identify it on a scan. My doc could only confirm when baby was 20 weeks. It was another pink bundle of joy. There''s a test that it being touted about but it is not reliable. Just a money-making scheme.

I have two girls and would not trade them for anything in the world. There is 6 and half year''s gap between them as I struggled to conceive after my first daughter. Although I''d hoped for a baby boy the second time around, I was just grateful that God had blessed me with another little person...irrespective of that little person''s sex.

Reply to Zama
Posted by: Smurfie | 2010/06/08

Sorry Girls for upsetting u. You don''t understand. I have a baby daughter (she is now turning 5), and a son (he is now turning 3). I was rapped, and my son is not my husbands baby, but we love him to bits. I so badly wants a boy that is actually my husbands son, and this is way I really want to know the gender of the baby.

Reply to Smurfie
Posted by: Annie from SA | 2010/06/08

You know what Smurfie...i also can''t believe what i''m reading! I have a friend who''s been praying to have a child...She and her husband made peace with the fact that they could not have children... DO YOU HAVE AN IDEA WHAT IT FEELS LIKE TO LOOK IN THOSE PEOPLE''S EYES ->  you can have something they never will.. you read emptyness and pain there!! So say thank you to the Lord for this baby..and love and cherish whatever gender your child will be! Rather thank the Father for this give He is giving you!

Reply to Annie from SA
Posted by: hvm | 2010/06/08

I agree with you Desire, i also waited for a lot time and now that i am pregnant it does not matter what gender is it am looking forward to welcoming our bundle of jo all we want is a healthy baby

Reply to hvm
Posted by: Desirè  | 2010/06/08

I cant believe what im hearing, you should be gratefull for this baby, no matter what the gender is! there is lots of people who would give anything just to have a baby of their own, no matter boy of girl, i waited 7 years, and still cant believe im pregnant. Count your blessing, because a baby indeed is a blessing.

Reply to Desir&#232