Question
Posted by: Butterfly | 2011/04/28

Baby Blues

My husband and i will be married for 2yrs in Sept.
I love children, and always thought i''d have my kids early in my life.
I am 27yrs old, problem is my husband does not see my vision, and only wants kids in 2yrs time, i feel i am getting " old"  and also have some problems that could make the process harder for me to have kids.
Now most of my girl friends are pregnant, and i feel so sad, as i so wish it was me.
He is putting his foot down, and won''t compromise, and all i can think of is babies, even though i have prayed that this feeling will go away.
Am i crazy?

Does he have any specific, reasoned basis for wanting to have kids in 3 years time ? When you say he "won't compromise" that sounds as though he feels very strongly about this, which is rather unusual. Are there financial or work issues he really feels would need to influence such a decision ? You are wise to note that increasing maternal age isn't something to seek, and frankly, the younger one is the more energy one has to handle babies and youngsters.
Praying doesn't make the feeling go away. Would it help for you to help babysit friends' children, to get more experience and more of a feel for having a child ?
There's nothing crazy about you, but maybe you're letting yourself respond as though you will NEVER have kids, rather than have them a bit later than you want. Could there be a compromise on a one year delay ?

1