advertisement
Question
Posted by: Racoon | 2010/02/09

Baby ate Toilet Duck gel!

Dear CD
This morning my 1 year old found the toilet open, and hence the Toilet Duck gel disc which was dispensed under the rim. Needless to say, he got his hand into it and tasted it. I phoned the poison line who said it shouldn'  t be too much of a problem, but that it could cause irritation of his mouth and esophagus. I am still a bit worried about what it can do to his intestines? He most likely got about a teaspoonful in his mouth.
Please help!

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc

Hallo Racoon
It may help to give him milk to dilute the chemicals and cancel out the acid in the block. See if he has any signs of blisters or lesions in the mouth, lips or on his tongue. Please inform your doctor about the incident and let him know if he has any symptoms like vomiting, blood in the stool, breathing difficulty or any other suspicious symptoms.
Dr Bets

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

2
Our users say:
Posted by: hola | 2010/03/02

haha thats nothin, my little cousin drank petrol, about 250ml,
he was turning blue and had no breath as the fums was too strong, he was only 1 and half years old, the kid was rushed to hospital, where he was on ventilator, and the exrays showed how his lungs were burnt by the fumes, his now 3 and still is having a lung problem, not a healthy kid, luckily he survivved it, was big shock for our family...

Reply to hola
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/02/09

Hallo Racoon
It may help to give him milk to dilute the chemicals and cancel out the acid in the block. See if he has any signs of blisters or lesions in the mouth, lips or on his tongue. Please inform your doctor about the incident and let him know if he has any symptoms like vomiting, blood in the stool, breathing difficulty or any other suspicious symptoms.
Dr Bets

Reply to cyberdoc

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
advertisement