Question
Posted by: cynthia | 2012/06/03

baby at 50 but will be carried by a surrogate mother

i have had a historectomy buttheir was nothing wrong with me did it on request of my ex partner.. but i am still longing for twin baby girls
1. is it possible to make sure that i only have girls and not boys
2. i stil have my overies wil it stil be possible to harvest eggs from me and what must i do to get this done
3. i have heard of woman having children at 50 i am not 50 yet but is their anything that is should know about raising kids at 50 my mother had kids at 41 42 and 43 and that worked out well for her

Dear Cynthia

At your age it is very unlikely that you will produce eggs of sufficiently good quality to produce normal children and despite the use of a surrogate I would advise that you avoid this type of situation. The risks of chromosomal abnormalities are extremely high at the age approaching 50 and although this can be tested for it is sometimes very difficult to be 100% accurate.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

1
Posted by: Fertility Expert | 2012/06/09

Dear Cynthia

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility Expert