Question
Posted by: Renzi | 2009/10/20

Baby allergic to colourants

My son (5) is allergic to colourants and i noticed that on a smarties (mini eggs) pack, it says that there are no artificial colours however it contains the following:E171, E150c, E162, E160a, |E160c, E100, E141, E903 and E901. Could you kindly confirm if this would be safe for my little one.

Dear Renzi
I don't know which colourants your son is allergic to? I would personally avoid ALL highly coloured foods even if they state that they don't contain artificial colours. Rather give your son fresh and dried fruit as a snack instead of sweets.

1

Dear Renzi