Question
Posted by: Hestia | 2012/05/29

Baby

Hi. We would like to start trying to conceive a baby. I am on Yaz at the moment. I took the last pill in the pack today. If I understood correctly this is where I need to stop taking the Pil?
also I started using Folic Acid in the meantime. Is it going to have any bad effects or can I continue using it even if I did not yet conceive? Thank you

Dear Hestia

That’s correct you need to stop taking the Yas on the last pill in the packet. You are not going to have any bad effects if you continue using folic acid until you fall pregnant, in fact you should continue with the folic acid in the first three to four months of your pregnancy. It is important to have a good level of folic acid in your body before you have conceived.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo