Posted by: Blu | 2009-03-10

I would like to have a baby and my hubby is not interested. He has recently been retrench and wants to wait until he has new employment before we try having a baby, his speaking about trying after 2010 worldcup. I’ m want one as I’ m getting older (currently 33), my gyne said due to weight problems I might have problems falling pregnant and also I have to limit my career prospects until my future child will be about 2/3 years of ages (I want to spend as much time as possible with child during formative years). Is it wrong to just stop taking pills without him knowing and if I fall preggies just lie about how it happened?

It makes sense, doesn't it, to wait until he can find fresh employment and you are, as a family, more secure and able to bring up the child as well as possible. remember you can't just have a baby --- it leads on to having a child, and all that that entails as the child grows up. OK, now your age does play a part in the decision. It is, definitely, wrong to be dishonest with him, and stop taking the pill secretly so as to trap him into impregnating you without knowing it. Your gynae has recommended that you lose weight to improve your chances of pregnancy ( and, I'd think, to enhance the safety of yourself and the baby ) --- why not start, earnestly, on the weight-loss program. And try seeing a counsellor for yourself, but best of all a couples counsellor for the pair of you to examine the pros and cons of the decision. I'd hope he will be successful in finding a job --- I think far too people are expecting economic bliss from the World Cup --- I think that was always an over-optimistic guess, and especially so as the Cup will now be held during the worst international financial melt-down ever.

Posted by: so unfair | 2009-03-10

I think your husband is very unfair. you are 33 and married. what makes him so sure that he will get a job in 2010. and also, what guarantee does he have that the job will pay him well enough to take care of his family and what makes him so sure that he will not loose that job 2????

I think you should take care of the weight problem and get your body baby ready, and have it whether he likes it or not. He might just be afraid of the unkown for all you know.

Reply to so unfair