Question
Posted by: Nick | 2012/07/22

Babor

Hi Doctor

I''ve recently been advised to use a cosmetic range called Babor (Dr Babor). However, these products are extremely expensive but the beautician say''s its worth it as these products are " on another level" .

I want to know, have you heard of these products and what''s your view on them? Are they effective/that good?

I''ve got combination/oily skin and prone to a pimple (the ones with yellow heads) once a week (especially nose area). I currently use Neostrata clarifying facial wash and sheer hydration in morning (Nimue purifier at night) and beautician say''s that this moisturizer is too rich and might be causing the breakouts.

What is your view, please advise.

Also, I''m going away in camping holiday and will most probably not be able to use/do my skincare regime so i want to get some of those face wipes. Any effective ones you know off (or are the ones as clicks (nivea, johnson& johnson) my best bet?

Thank you.

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Nick thank you for the question.

I am a firm believer in products that contain active ingredients proven to benefit the skin. The products you mention are indicated for an oily skin and are non-comedogenic so should not be causing the breakouts. I have checked the ingredients listed in the Dr Babor range and there is a good list of natural based (plant derived) ingredients but not really sure if they are worth the price; furthermore I can’t find on their web page any specific studies that have been performed by an independent dermatologist to prove their viability or lack thereof. I could be 100% wrong and this is the next ‘miracle topical’ so if you can afford it nothing wrong with trying it out and letting us know. The face wipe brands you mentioned are most probably your best bet; we use the Johnson and Johnson range in our practice.

3
Posted by: Lynn-Ann Fuchsloch | 2012/10/03

Hi NIck

Dr BABOR has been recommended to you correctly. A fantastic range of skin care.
If you would like to contact me.

Lynn-ann@babor.co.za

Reply to Lynn-Ann Fuchsloch
Posted by: anti-ageing expert | 2012/07/26

Hi Nick thank you for the question.

Reply to anti-ageing expert
Posted by: Michelle Armstrong | 2012/07/23

Dera Nick

We would like to send you a complimentary starter pack of Eucerin Dermo-Purfiyer.
Please email me your postal address and hopefully we can get it to you before your holiday camp,.

best regards
Michelle.Armstrong@Beiersdorf.com
Eucerin

Reply to Michelle Armstrong