Question
Posted by: Angela | 2010-01-07

Babies after years of Infertility

HI Doc,

After 9 years of various fertility treatments, I was blessed with a son and low and behold, 2 months after his birth, found myself pregnant with our daughter due at the end of March so in effect
I' ve been pregnant for 2 years. My fertility specialist was correct when he said once the problem is fixed, it' s fixed.

My question is, I have PCOS which is the reason for my many years of fertility treatments. I obviously don' t want another baby right away and may actually be happy with 2 but I don' t want to shut up shop just yet just in case. With my PCOS, what is the safest method of contraception for me to go on?

My gynae is recommending the Mirena which I have had before which seemed to aggravate my PCOS symptoms.

Many Thanks.

Regards/Angela.

Dear Angela

The most suitable form of contraception in this instance would be to use a low dose oral contraceptive in particular one that has a known anti-androgenic effect such as Diane-35, Ginette or even Yasmin.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

1
Posted by: Fertility Expert | 2010-01-08

Dear Angela

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility Expert