Question
Posted by: Jane | 2010/06/28

BAAAAAD period pains

Hi there doc,

Please help. Over the past year I started getting period pains each cycle. I have a 5 yr old  and have not been on contraceptive since then (we did AI to have our child as I do not ovulate naturally). Prior to the pas year I never in my life had period pains  but now I am debilitated witht he pain.

Last cycle was so bad that the drugs (Nurofen Period Paid &  Cataflam) did not help at all.

I am not on a medical aid but I believe I need to see a gynae about this as surely it can''t be normal? I want to know WHEN is the best time in my cycle to see the gynae? Should I wait till I''m crippled with pain next period or should I go now (I''m on about day 10)...? I have to pay cash and want to be sure I''m not going to be asked to come back at another time.

JAne

It is probably best to see your gynae when you are not having a period, but it doesn't really matter. If there is some problem, it can be picked up at any time in the cycle.

1