Posted by: Sheena | 2012-02-29

B12 and Mood

Hi Cyberdoc

I had full blood studies on me due to extreme fatigue and feeling down for 6 months.
My B12 is virtually non-existent
Iron very low
On meds.
I am not coping at work (or anywhere else for that matter).
I am so irritable I screamed at my boss twice today, he is the most
trying person on the planet at the best of times and am usually I can handle him. He backed off.
I feel so angry and like crying all the time.
Could the B12 really be the reason I feel like this?
Realistically how long does B12 and iron take to stabilise?
I am having a B12 injection once a week and take 1 Chela Fer a day for this particular problem. 2 CF made me feel sick.

Yes, your symptoms can be due to your low vitamin B12 and iron count. Vitamin B12 can take up to three weeks to stabilise and the aneamia could be resolved in about three months, if treated correctly and depending on how severe your aneamia was. I do however, think that you should reconsult your doctor to determine if you are suffering from depression.