Question
Posted by: Loren | 2012-03-04

Awaiting an Operation

I am 24 years old. 106kg and 1.63 height. I am awaiting to have an operation. I havent walked for 3 months. I am getting tired and sick and my breathing is not well. My anxiety is becoming worse in this position. I can walk on cructhes with my one leg in the air. Can go in the wheelchair. And do sitting exercises. I need help with a diet and exercise please. anything!

Hi Loren

I'm not sure what your operation is for, or what impact it will have on your exercise post-operation.

I think though that the key here is that you need "hands-on" support, because it's a complicated case with the crutches, wheelchair and not having walked in 3 months. I think these factors mitigate against me throwing out a generic programme, and so while I hate to pass the buck, I do think that you need to see a biokineticist, or even a doctor who can refer you on to one, because they're trained in using exercise as a form of medicine.

Diet-wise, I'm afraid the same applies - generic advice never tops specific advice, and so sitting with someone who can a) look at the current eating plan and b) suggest small changes you can make, is really the only way to go.

Hope that helps, and while I appreciate that you wouldn't want to have to see people, i think in this case, it's essential.

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2012-03-17

Hi Loren

Reply to fitnessdoc