Question
Posted by: Nic | 2010/10/11

Avoiding stomack ulcers

Hi doc,

I have heard a few horror stories about stomach ulcers and really dont want to ever have one, but I think I may be the perfect candidate ( I sufffer severe anxiety and fear) and on one occassion this year, when I mistakenly thought my daughter went missing, my stomach had this severe burning pain for ages afterwards. ( I recall this burning sensation happening before as well after one of my panic episodes). Other times it is normal and I dont feel at all in discomfort although I am extremely stressed most of the time (I dont think my anxiety meds are working). Are there any ways to avoid an ulcer ? I am female, aged 34.

Hallo Nic
Diet is quite important - alcohol, smoking and very spicy foods can irritate the stomach lining. If you are making more acid due to anxiousness, you may need to take an anti-acid like Nexiam preventatively.
dr Bets

2
Posted by: Bozo | 2010/10/11

Use Cayenne pepper, one tea spoon in a quarter glass of warm water, Drink as hot as you can.You will feel the differance within 2 days, take my word for it. You can google Cayenne pepper and find out about all the other benefits.

Reply to Bozo
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/10/11

Hallo Nic
dr Bets