Question
Posted by: Lynne | 2008/09/02

Avacodo pears

Good day

I am overweight and am trying to lose weight by changing my lifestyle through diet, excercise and supplements. Firstly, i know avacodo pears are good for a balanced diet. I have however struggled for many years to digest it. I cannot get past the taste, i literally get nauseous when eating it. Could you maybe suggest a healthy alternative to the avacodo. I am currently on an anti depressant and am hoping once having stopped the medication i will be able to implement my new healthier lifestyle toward healing the depression naturally.

Lynne

Dear Lynne
If you are overweight, trying to lose weight and avocados make you feel ill, then by all means cut them out of your diet - you will save kJ and not feel nauseous. Eat other fruit and vegetables that contain the same vitamins and antioxidants and don't make you feel ill, but give you the same benefits. If you want the monounsaturated fatty acid benefit of avocados then use 1-2 teaspoons of olive oil in your diet. I would caution you not to stop the antidepressant without the guidance of a qualified medical dr because this can have serious consequences. If you can stop the medication while under medical supervision and are no longer depressed or exposed to the dangers of untreated depression (tendency to suicide being the most serious side-effect), then by all means make healthy changes to your diet, physical activity and lifestyle, but DON'T do this on your own - it could be very dangerous.
Take care