Question
Posted by: Meena | 2009-10-27

Autocratic boss

Hi There,

I think I am losing my mind my boss is making my life a misery and its literally making me sick to my stomach when I think about it. She been the boss of everyone since end of last year and thats when my hell began. She is extremely moody and does not handle pressure well to the point that she takes it out on me and another girl we report directly to her who in turn takes it out on her daughter. we are both in situations where we can' t leave it seems like this is been done to push us out.

One minute she' s happy and actually greets us most of the time its dreadful.

She passes bitchy remarks about me being skinny or dressing nicely cos she has weight issues. She generally treats everyone badly especially the women i have never received such bad increases or bonuses in 7 yrs of working here- since she is around and when we stand up to her she takes it badly. I have been looking around for another job since she is in charge but nothing is comming up for me. We are miserable , not sleeping well , losing weight cos i can' t even eatand i used to be confident and good at what i do now i find i am making mistakes thats she picks up on and nails me for. When bad situations out of my control happens i feel like ending my life just to get away from her.

Our co is very small and she is the most snr person in SA other directors o/seas adore her.

Hallo Meena
Do you have an HR person in your company? Maybe you should discuss this in a group with your HR and see if you can't change reporting lines to another (even less senior) person. The other option is to look out for other work and move to another company. See also -
http://www.destinyconnect.com/articles/show_article.aspx?article_id=9d5ea08b-916f-4481-9a1a-4aaf0597ae25&type=weekly

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009-10-27

Hallo Meena

Reply to cyberdoc