Question
Posted by: Christopher H. | 2008/07/25

auto-immune symptoms

When I was small, I fell down concrete steps and hit my head several times. Prior to that day, I was a clear-minded generally happy child. After that, my bain was always foggy to some degree. I did not receive an MRI scan or anything similar at the time and, being a child, didn' t even know of anything like this. Through my teenage years the brain fog continued, always to some degree or the other, and is with me to this very day. I' m a normal guy with a normal life, but my brain is foggy. Could I have auto-immune problems from falling down those stairs? I have made some searches on the internet and seem to have the symptoms. If so, if I went to a doctor, what tests could he perform to see if I do have such a problem? Also, what can I personally do? Pro-biotics?

Dear Christopher

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

Auto-immune disease is a disease that affects the body without the onset of trauma. You can consult a Neurologist to have a MRI of your brain done, to assess if you have any long-term damage.

Kind regards