Posted by: T Roux | 2010-02-04

Autistic Adults

Where can I find pictures or manufacturers that supply restraining gear to use on Autistic people. The straps currently used, causes bruising and injuries.

Expert ImageHandicap Expert

T Roux

I suggest that you contact the Association for Autism at

Tel. +2712 9934628

Fax +2712 9934675

Posted by: Delene | 2010-02-24

I ''ve worked with Autistic Adults for many many years and taught many autistic children and I''m appalled at the idea of using restraining gear!! This is 2010 and there are various treatments and handling methods availble to manage autistic children and adults. Please call Unica school for autistic children in Pretoria - they will advise you best. RESTRAINt usually ends in very aggressive behaviour.

Reply to Delene