Question
Posted by: Erina | 2010-06-01

Autism in adults

Would it be possible that a man age 32 have never been diagnozed with autism. I''ve dated a guy for 3 years now. He is extremely intelligent and to the world it seems as if this person is functioning normally, but there are some factors that i question.

Examples would be distrubed sleeping patterns. He ''s extremely sensitive for noises especially that of children playing although he loves kids. This is so bad that he would tell me he cant handle the noise and have to leave immediately. He prefers to have a realtionship with the least amount of physical touch. Although this guy loves me dearly i can see that touching and kissing freaks him out completely. He can spend time on his own for weeks on end. He also have a very definate routined life.

I''m not sure if i read too much into this, but if he can be tested or treated it might help a lot to better understand this person.

Please advice if there is any tests than can be done to determine this.

Dear Erina
There may be patients that have some of the symtoms of autism but it is unlikely that it would only be diagnosed as an adult. He may have a sensory processing disorder. See http://www.sensory-processing-disorder.com/sensory-processing-disorder-checklist.html
Occupational therapy may help
dr Bets

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010-06-01

Dear Erina
Occupational therapy may help
dr Bets