Question
Posted by: Julius | 2012-07-23

autism in adulthood

Judging by what i have learned about autism over the years- I am a therapist- I believe that I have been mildly autistic all my life.I was known as " very quiet"  and " shy"  and " withdrawn" as a child and teen, but I had a normal happy childhood by usual standards. I have had my share of psychotherapy as an adult to help me cope better socially and it helps but never cures. Do you think that with early intervention when I was still acquiring habits, I could have led a much more comfortable life, socially speaking?

Expert ImageAutism Spectrum Expert Forum

Hi Julius

Although it's always quite difficult to say "what could have been", the chances are quite good that you would have been able to cope better if you had had early intervention. The results or outcomes seen from getting early intervention speak for themselves.

1
Posted by: Autism Spectrum Expert Forum | 2012-07-24

Hi Julius

Reply to Autism Spectrum Expert Forum