Question
Posted by: Moa | 2009-09-21

Auntie?

I wrote a while back about my aunt who hates my current bf and likes my ex.we havnt spoken for 4 months.except when she called asking for money.she called asking for R1000.00 after that.i gave her and I knoow I wont get it back.
She called the next month asking for R3800.00.i had to give her money I saved to pay for my schooling so I can give her.i even told het that.she knows I don’ t get paid much.i just started working.so there is a learnership out here at work.her first born passed matric last year and don’ t have money to further his studies.so I called her asking if he can bring the stuff that I need to apply for him,that was on Friday.he didn’ t come I had to leave work ealy to another town so I can meet with him to give me what I needed.he didn’ t even bring all that I asked for.i bought him shoes a while back but I couldn’ t take them to them. So I gave them to him on Friday.even baked for them since they were having a church trip Saturday.he didn’ t even say thank you.i am 8years older than him.all he was on about is that he heard that I have a new bf.i should give him his number.why didn’ t I tell them.i was a bit upset.i told him to mind his own business and focus on his future than be up in my business.he is very talkative and annoying.i left.ive been going through somethings and the only people I can talk to is my one friend and my bf.so at times I feel I need someone older to guide me.someone who wont judge me.my mother passed away.my father has 2other wives and 10kids.so you can just imagine. I am 23.i sent her a message on Friday night asking her “ what maked on happy”  she replied saying she is busy she will get back to me.she never did.i never even got an sms saying thanks for baking of for the shoes,nothing.

I was hoping she would meet me half way since she an adult in this.

Please help.
Thank you.

I don't understand --- why should you give your aunt whatver money she demands ? Especially in such large sums which you really can't afford ? These are gifts, not loans, if they are not pid back --- and why should you buy shoes, ake, etc., and nobody even bothers to pause to say thank you ? Surely, if a father chooses to have 3 wives and 10 kids, it's not fair to expect one child to support all the wives and children ?
Your aunt, and her son, are using and exploiting you --- ignore their greedy and selfish requests, and look after your own life

1
Posted by: Holly | 2009-09-21

Hi, your post doesn' t make much sense and if I' m right, the main issue is that your aunt is taking advantage of you? If I' m right, the answer is simple- stop helping. It' s not your responsibility to look after your cousin, especially if you' re barely out of school yourself. Your aunt is just taking advantage and you' re letting her.

Reply to Holly