Question
Posted by: Niccy | 2009-04-06

Attraction factor

Hi There!

I' ve been seeing someone on and off for 3 years. I like him, but it feels as if there is something missing - the attraction factor. Furthermore, I experience him as being un-emotional. When my dog got hurt, he was very harsh in dealing with the everything.

It is also as if I' m scared to get closer to him, because he' s quite controlling.

I' m not sure if the emotions will develop. He is good to me in his own way, but has a difficult personality.

Over the whole period he was the one that was very keen about the relationship. Because my previous relationship ended in a way that made me feel extremely rejected, he' s over-keen-ness about me, is nice.

However, after 3 years I should make a proper decision.

One may like many different people, to differing degrees and for diferent reasons. If he is unkind to animals and seems controlling, that's a bad basis for a close relationship. Why would you want to wait for stronger attraction to possibly develop ? Wouldn't it be wiser to look around and meet other people ? Be very cautious --- if a bad break-up of a previous relationship left you feeling desperate to get itno another relationship and have someone seem keen on you, etc, this is risky, and why we always warn people to avoid rebound relationships. Why do you seem to be assuming that he is your only possible alternative ?

2
Posted by: Please | 2009-04-06

Hell Bella, teach us the secret. That' s where I wana be. How long does it take to be happy and single?

Reply to Please
Posted by: Bella | 2009-04-06

If you feel in your gut that there' s something missing, then don' t pursue it any further, because it' s really not worth all the heart ache in the end.

It' s nice to have a significant other, but don' t be so dependable on him to make you happy. It' s OK to be happy and single :)

Reply to Bella