Question
Posted by: dw | 2012/01/20

attracted to drama

Im addicted to men and the drama they cause in my life. I need to go cold turkey and be single for at least 6 months. I have only been single since the beginning of the year and am already drawing in drama through other ways to fill the void. How do I get over this and just be happy with myself and my single status? Thanks.

No, you are not addicted to men. No such thing exists. You enjoy creating situations of drama and being a drama queen. See a counsellor, and lean to enjoy just being an ordinary pleasant non-dramatic person.

5
Posted by: hello | 2012/01/26

i believe this is possibly a subconscious problem, maybe this is is saying something about the way you feel about yourself and see yourself. instead of worrying about not having someone to make you happy turn that attention towards doing things for yourself and spending more time to get to know the real you, eventually the happy you will attract a happy drama free man.

Reply to hello
Posted by: T | 2012/01/26

You are in a serious situation. I am glad that you admit that you are having a problem. I wish I can talk to you, I know women who have been through something who will understand your situation, I had a friend who had similar problem, now she is doing well. You need to see someone who is not going to judge you but help you.

Reply to T
Posted by: Riva | 2012/01/26

Read: " Women Who Love Too Much"  by Robin Norwood. There definitely is an addiction aspect - you can read also " How to Break an Addiction to a Person"  - Harold Halpern.
A brief piece from this book:
" 1. To the extent that limerence makes you idealize the other person and blinds you to his faults, it can make you feel unworthy relative to him and you may be tempted, therefore, to settle for crumbs and great unhappiness within the relationship.

2. Your fear of chasing away this marvelous person may lead you to avoid the kind of confronting and engaging that is usually necessary to the development of a mutual and truly satisfying relationship. " 

Sometimes, if you are inclined to attract the wrong kind of person - this can create drama.
Learn, be prepared to look at your own faults. Ultimately, start nurturing yourself, look after YOU. You won''t find happiness elsewhere - it is within YOU.

Reply to Riva
Posted by: k | 2012/01/20

Come here, I will sort you out...

Reply to k