Question
Posted by: Withdrawn | 2009-10-25

Attention-seeking or suicidal?

I often, when depressed, fantasise about killing myself. I' ve carefully thought about how I reason and I' ve come to the conclusion that I don' t really want to die because my fantasies often end with something like, the big problem I will have when I' m in hospital because my medical aid doesn' t cover self-induced injuries.

Should I still be worried about myself? I don' t want to die but I do think about dieing alot, if that makes sense.

It makes good sense to be worried about yourself, whatever the actual degree of acute risk - DO see a good local psychiatrist or psycologist for a frank discussion and a proper assessment.

1