Posted by: Jordan | 2011-01-13

Attention : Michaela - Beyond his year

Just read your post and had to laugh. My son is 6 years old and his favourite song is Dancing Queen by ABBA.

Oof. Maybe good teaste develops at a slightly older age ?
Presumably he saw the movie ?

Posted by: Maria | 2011-01-14

Michaila, I a salute you for wanting to be a positive influence in this boy''s life, but you didn''t give the full picture in your original post. It created the impression that the music he likes is a major issue for you while in fact it''s not that important in the bigger scheme of things. Once again, don''t take your frustrations out on other posters.

Reply to Maria
Posted by: Kel | 2011-01-13

At Michaila, I dont really have any advise, but just wanted to say that you are one awesome lady to care so much about a child that''s not even your''s, you could easily sad screw thi sis not my kid and let him be, but you put up with all his crap and the mothers too, well done girl...

Reply to Kel
Posted by: Michaila | 2011-01-13

There is seriously something wrong with you people, how can I have it in for a child!!!thats sick!! I love him and want whats best for him. I dont talk to him about this issue...I am asking for advice on how to deal with it and make his life as balanced as possible...Why is it wrong to want the best for a child. Am i shouting at him?? or do I try to help him and teach him so that one day he can become a well-rounded person, not like the children of today, having sex at age 13, disrespecting their parents...

Its clear to see that there is much more parents that let their kids do whatever they want to do, thats why children can have babies and drink before school...did you not listen to 5fm today??

Its the parents responsibility to make sure that their children are looked after and taught what they need to be taught.

Why must I only care for my own??? he is mine because I am married to his father and what kind of advice is it to tell someone they must only worry about their own kids....

The CS should step in here, since you on this forum and read what I have to say, read the CS''s response to me...

Reply to Michaila
Posted by: CC | 2011-01-13

I think you just have it in for this boy please give him some space.
Remember he is not your child worry about your own.

Reply to CC
Posted by: Michaila | 2011-01-13

Hi Jordan

Your son is 6 and probably heard the song somewhere, does he tell you that his likes old school music ?? does he sit in adult company or drive around with his mothers boyfriend and doesnt wear a seat belt because its not cool?? does he want to gel his hair and wear clothing that 16 year old boys want to wear? does he use slang and tell you that his mother said he is a bad boy and they smile and laugh about it?? Does he tell you that you wasting his time when you go shopping to get something nice for him to eat...when he wants to go to his friends.

Does he want to cry when you teach him things or when you constantly tell him that his education is important, all he does is nod his head and it goes from one ear to the next.

Does his mother tell him that you are a lair, that you are useless and that you being nasty to him by showing him how to respect others???

Are you still laughing?? Its not about what music he listens to ,think further than your nose,

Reply to Michaila

Presumably he saw the movie ?