Posted by: Kelly | 2010-11-21

Last thursday I had some sort of attack while driving.After having a late night on Wednesday and doing the airport run I spent the whole day at home working.
All was good, I was just very tired. Then left home to drive to do my class, when on the way I had some sort of attack. To be honest still don’ t know what it was. I was driving,when I suddenly started feeling strange, at first I thought I wanted to get sick, but it felt stranger than that. I started feeling like I wanted to pass out the whole time, my arms, legs and around my mouth felt numb and tingling. It was all so weird! I was driving at 100 km/ph when this was all happening and by the time I was coherent enough to know what was going on I was driving at 60, I didn’ t even feel myself slow down. I managed to pull to the side of the road. I sat for a while, then got out to phone my husband. I could not dial the number, was so bizarre. Eventually after the 3rd try I got through. I then thought I shouldn’ t stay where I was in case it happened again, so drove slowly to my destination, where I knew people would be coming. I was really scared to be on my own.
I felt shaky and strange the whole way there. I seemed to calm down after a while. When my husband arrived the and we went home, the sleepyness came back, I kept feeling like I wanted to pass out. It has been 3 days now since it happened. I still have a lame left arm with very still strength in it. I feel okay, just now and then get a slight niggle in my chest, but not in the middle, sllightly to the left. It is a tight feeling I have felt before and I have also had the lame arm feeling before.

What could this be? I am concerned that it might be something more serious than exhaustion.

It is imperative to consult a neurologist as soon as possible. I am worried that you are having TIA,s (Temporary Ischemic Accidents) of the brain, due to a heart condition or another cause. This is very dangerous, as it can lead to a stroke and more permanent neurological damage. You will need a full examination and specialised test. Consult GP for a referral to a neurologist urgently.