Question
Posted by: Daisy | 2009-11-03

ATT Jess

Jess,review your situation carefully. Babies are not cheap - warm, cuddly, cute, soft, sweet smelling, ect, but they do cost a lot. How do you intend providing for this child? Have you thought about long term plans? Babies need new clothes all the time, they need good medical care when ill, they need good nannies or day care if you work, etc. Your baby won' t grow on love alone. When you have a baby, you must be able to provide for this child - and I don' t mean by getting family, friends, etc to help out.

Sort out your financial situation before having a baby. Give the baby a safe and secure and comfortable life. Don' t live on debts sweety. Be financially stable and then plan your family.

My hubby and I have been trying for 5 yrs now and have had several artificial inseminations that failed. It' s heartbreaking, I know. We are financially stable and we practically have no debts, but we too cannot afford R35000 for IVF. But we' re saving towards it, even if it takes us a few years. We' ve been married for 7 yrs now.

Thank you so much, Daisy, for your kind, expert, and very helpful comments

2
Posted by: Daisy | 2009-11-03

By the way Jess, it sometimes takes a couple about a year to fall preggies.

Are you timing intercourse around the time you' re ovulating? Do you know when you ovulate? Use an ovulation kit. Also check cervical mucus.

You say you went for tests. What tests? Best thing is to see a fertility specialist and not your gynae. has your husband done a sperm analysis? Have you had ultra sounds around ovulation time to check your follicles?

Reply to Daisy