Posted by: Jordan | 2011-01-06

Att : Husband with depressed Wife

I read your post and this is just my view. Firstly, why is she depressed? Is she happy in the marriage? It does not sound like it. This might seem a bit harsh, but if you don''t have much of marriage anyway (which is what it sounds like) why don''t you leave her? You deserve better than to put up with that. Sorry if I come off as offensive, I truly don''t mean to. Just that I don''t see the point of sticking it out to be treated like that. Good luck.

Posted by: Husband | 2011-01-07

Dear Doc and others
Thank you for sincere replies.
Although I have considered throwing in the towel, my wife’ s depression is clinical (brain chemical imbalance) and I promised to remain with her through sickness and health when talking our vows.
I fell in love with her when we met due to her exceptional kindness and am still in love with her and we have a beautiful son. Other than my wife’ s interfering sister, I am living my dream and my only wish is that my wife will recognize and support me in the pain her sister causes in my life.
I’ m hoping 2011 will be better!

Reply to Husband
Posted by: imo | 2011-01-06

I agree with Jordan.
Explain to your wife if she does not withdraw totally from her sister you will withdraw all support except that legally required.
The choice is then hers, you sound incrediblly kind and commited to your wife but this situation should not continue with the interference of her sister.
Threaten divorce and let her decide.
Good Luck.

Reply to imo