Question
Posted by: Trace | 2008/07/23

Att : Gynae Doc

Hi Gynae Doc
I need some advice and imput with this one.
I had my first baby on the 23rd May 2006. I went onto the Petogen injection 11 June 2007. I was supposed to go again the 12th May 2008 but we want to try for a second one.
I saw my gynae on the 21st of May 2008 and he gave me Postoval to drink to bring on my period.
He gave me a repeat script so that If I did not get my period within 28 days that I can start with the second pack.
On the evening of the 17th June my period started (the day I drank my last Postoval pill from the first pack).
I then saw my Gynae (as instructed) the 2nd July 2008 for a Sonar.
He said that my Follicle was 18cm in diameter and that Hubby and I do our thing that night and the next day as well (which we did).
He also gave me a scrip for Clomed so that if I did get my period by the 17th July that I must drink it it from Day 5 to 9 and see him on day 12. He said that If I did not start by the 17th that I go for a blood test the 18th July 2008.
On the afternoon of the 17th July I did a HPT as nothing had happened. It showed a faint positive. I also did one the morning of the 18th July but it showed negative. I went for the blood test and it was also negative. I phoned my Gynae and he said that if there is nothing by Monday that I must phone him again and he will give me a pill to bring it on.
I phoned him on Monday and he gave me a script for Duphaston (hope I spelt it correctly).
I have been drinking the pills since Monday and they should be finished by Friday.
What is worrying me is:
Should I have not started already
What happens if I don' t when the pills are finished.
I am confused at this stage as I don' t quite know what is happening as I did ovulate according to the sonar done of the 2 July.
Please advise as I am very concerned as to what if I am pregnant and the pills are maybe doing more damage.
Sorry for the long story but I would rather give you all the info then only half of it.
Kind Regards
Tracy

I doubt that you are pregnant with a negative blood test. Your period should start within a few days of completeing the Duphaston. If nothing happens, you should probably just wait. It is only 2 months off the injection and very early days.