Question
Posted by: Candy | 2010/07/06

Att: Dr Bets

hi, hope u r well.

i finally got somewhere with my awful symptoms. i felt like i was dying! it is true!

thing is, my thyroid was totally removed in 2003. so had to be on eltroxin for life. past year i was taking too much eltroxin. all of a sudden got really sick. my free t4 count was 63!!!!

now for this month i will be eltroxin free and the next two months following i have to take 0.1mg a day and then do blood tests again. am also on purbloka for the next week or so.

im already off it for 3 days now and feel a lot better!

can u believe it! i was slowly killing myself!

some gp''s do not test your blood from the beginning. i went to my orthopedic surgeon for neck and shoulder pain! he felt my pulse and said " off you go for thyroid hormone tests!" 

i am glad im feeling better and one of these days ill be my old self!

i just hope there are not any organ damage!

Hi Candy
A good thing to do if you are on Eltroxin is to check your levels every 6-12 months, as your needs may change as you grow older, or if you fall pregnant or have a lot of stress. The TSH test is cheaper than the whole thyroid function test and is a good indication of whether the thyroid is functioning within limits. If the TSH goes haywire one can do the full TFT thing.
Hope you feel much better soon!

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/07/06

Hi Candy
Hope you feel much better soon!