Question
Posted by: Lisa | 2010-02-03

Atrial fibrillation

Good day Doc.
Just want to know. Since i can remember, i' ve always had a high heart rate. 85 - 95bpm. (I ' ve always been fit)I also suffer from low blood pressure and get dizzy sometimes (3 - 4 times per year) I had to take Akrinor for low blood pressure after my second pregnancy due to the fact that i felt so bad due to the low pressure. (i also had a pulmonary embolism during my pregnancy)
I read that a high heart rate could be due to atrial fibrillation. IMy question is, many doctors over the span of my life have taken my heartbeat and had not said anything about it being so high. Should i be worried about a high heart rate as this could be the reason i also suffer from low blood pressure?
Thanks!
Liza

Hallo Lisa
Some people do have a faster heart rate than others. You can ask your doctor to do an ECG just to check if your rythm is normal. Atrial fibrillation often causes irregular heart beats and I think you would have noticed this if this was a problem.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010-02-03

Hallo Lisa

Reply to cyberdoc