Posted by: Lizard | 2010-05-02

atrial fibriillation

My husband is 79 years of age. He has atrial fibrillation. He has had a number of TIAs. He also has dementia and is on Risperdal (.5mg a day). I care for him at home 24 hours a day. He has a very good appetite. For practical and mainly financial planning reasons, I need to know approximately how long I can expect him to live for. Is it possible for you to say what his life expectancy is? My doctor has simply said that he had suffer cardiac arrest at any time. I keep him as quiet as possible and he seems contented in himself.

The average age of a healthy male is about 78 years but with modern medicine and medication, life expectancy can be prolonged. I agree that he is of high riks but it will be impossible to speculate how long he will live.