Question
Posted by: Michelle | 2008/06/04

atopic

What are my chances of falling pregnant after I had an atopic pregnancy?

Dear Michelle
The answer depends on whether the affected tube was removed or whether the tube has been retained and restored. However, the chances of another ectopic occuring is in excess of 40% since the initial factor or factors leading to the ectopic may have also affected the so called healthy tube albeit in a microscopic fashion. This is to say that even though the remaining tube may appear to be normal it may not be totally functional and therefore predispose you to another ectopic. Also the mere fact that one tube has been damaged or removed will drop your fertility potential by at least 50%. However this is not to say that natural conception is not possible and with the help of ovulatory induction agent you may well conceive fairly rapidly.

1
Posted by: lebza | 2008/06/06

it's ectopic, you do have a good chance after a scrubbing you can fall pregnant anytime.just keep trying.good luck

Reply to lebza