Question
Posted by: Liza | 2010/01/25

ATM Warning!

People always think - It won' t happen to me. But it happened to me this afternoon. Went to an ATM at lunchtime to draw cash. The guy in front of me spent about 2 seconds at the ATM. Now I don' t know whether he put the card ' hook'  in the slot, or whether he also saw it and didn' t try to use the ATM. Lucky for me I' ve developed the habit of always running my finger across the card slot. I' ve never found a card hook until today. So just a reminder to those who haven' t developed this habit - run your finger along the card slot. If you feel something - don' t use the ATM. You might just lose more than your card.

Outstandingly good advice, Liza. I had a similar reaction when my nice cell-phone was stolen - we all feel personally immune to such criminal activity. Just geting through life these days requires a much higher level or awareness and vigilance, and a wider range of skills and precautions, than ever before.
Thank goodness you were cautious, and it paid off !

3
Posted by: Liza | 2010/01/25

PS. I have informed FNB of the incident.

Reply to Liza
Posted by: Red | 2010/01/25

Thanks Liza. Will keep this in mind next time.

Reply to Red