Posted by: scorpio | 2009-02-26

Hi Doc . My phyc put me on Ativan for 10 days to calm me down - Im just way out of control at the moment &  having obsessive thoughts! Ive been taking adco mertiron for 2 years now, so why all of a sudden am I like this. Do I need a reassessment with my shrink? Or can I be put on Ativan for good with my adco mertiron? Thanks.

From the sound of it, a re-asessment with your shrink would be a very good idea. Let the shrink advise on a possible re-adjustment o your medication --- perhaps another antidepressant would suit you better ( the one you're on can in some people increase a degree of agitation ) --- I don't like people to be on Ativan long-term as it can lead to problems of dependency, and if one is on it for long, can be difficult to stop

Posted by: Je | 2009-02-26

I have ativan for my panic attacks.... only when i need it- like once in 3 months or so...

Reply to Je