Posted by: jagparker | 2010-11-19

Athlete''s Foot

I have a fungal infection underneath my one foot. I need to know what to do about it. I have tried tea tree oil, Mycota cream, capsules prescribed by my GP, and Listerine. I walk barefeet as often as I can, I hate having to wear shoes. Is this bad for me?
1. How do I disinfect my socks and shoes?
2. How do I stop it spreading to my hands and the other foot?
3. It''s a painful condition..... what can I do for the pain?
Please help as I am now feeling quite desparate.
Thanks and regards,

You will have to consult a dermatologist, to have tests done to confirm if you have a fungal infection. Treatment will depend on the severity of the infection. By washing your hands and feet and keeping them dry, you will prevent the infection from spreading. Mycota powder is sufficient to keep your socks and shoes free of infection.