Posted by: Lynne | 2009-01-20

Athena 7 minute lift

Good day Doctor,

I am referring to the " botox in a jar"  product - I have read good reviews about it.
Would you recommend this and where can I buy it in SA?

Thank you :-)

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Lynne, thank you for the question.

The fact remains that no product on the market today (both locally and internationally) has shown its ability (through studies) to produce the same effect as Botox, chemical peels, laser and light based skin rejuvenation, or fillers.

Topical cream manufacturers use terms such as ‘botox in a jar’ as a marketing tool. I am not undermining the importance of topical products and specific ingredients that have been shown to be beneficial to the skin and their importance in ones overall treatment plan.
I am stating (mostly so that you are not disappointed when purchasing such a product) that you will not get any topical product that will give you even similar effects as to what Botox can achieve. You know the saying: “If it is too good to be true….”