Question
Posted by: Nicola | 2012/04/22

Aterax off the market

Aterax is off the market. What do you prescribe for anxiety that is non addictive?

Aterax is not addictive, and though popular with some GPs, was not a well recommended drug. I had not heard that it was now off the market, but womn't miss it. It was in most people extremel;y sedative.
Firstly, one needs a skilled diagnosis of anxiety, such as a psychiatrist can provide, before deciding on the most probably effective treatment. Some antidepressants also very usefully reduce anxiety, Also, a form of talking therapy, Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy ( CBT ) os very effective and doesn't take long ; it helps you recognize and deal better with the factors that trigger your anxiety, and to relax as a personal skill, when you need to, rather than needing to rely on medication.

6
Posted by: AA | 2013/12/28

Aterax is still used in texas. Works well for me!

Reply to AA
Posted by: Richard | 2012/07/18

I don''t know what disability CS has, but there are excellent products to assist disabled people with computers - both for PC and Mac. Some are built-in, and others are add-on. I could make the computer experience easier.

Reply to Richard
Posted by: elaine | 2012/04/25

I have found that its not available in durban anymore. And apparently, there''s no replacement. I have been directed to taking Telfast - which I know does not work. Anyone found any substitutes?

Reply to elaine
Posted by: Liza | 2012/04/23

@Anon - you do know that CS is disabled and that the typos are as a result of that? You really don''t need to take CS seriously anyway - there are enough of us regulars that do!

Reply to Liza

Maybe Cybershrink should do a spell check and grammar check before hitting the send button. I find it hard to take the doctor seriously when the spelling and grammar is so bad.