Question
Posted by: Cee | 2008-12-08

At wits end.

Since the beginning of October Ive been sitting with a very embarrassing problem. I don' t know if natural medicine might be the answer as I have never tried it before. But right now I am willing to give anything a shot.

I got antibiotics for a infection in my teeth. When I finished the course, I started burning in my vaginal region. I went to a doctor who gave me anti-fungal medicine (Sporonox) and Medaspor cream. It made it worse. A week later I went to see a gynae who did a pap smear but found nothing unusual. He also prescribed Sporonox. No improvement. Eventually another doctor tested my urine and found that I had a bladder infection. More antibiotics and probiotics was prescribed. The problem started to clear up, but came back with a bang. I saw another gynae who did numerous tests, including tests for candida, but found nothing wrong with me and apparantly the problem is in my head!

Blood tests were done, including tests for diabetes, cholestrol, my thyroid etc. Everything came back normal. They did find that my oestrogen levels are very low, which is weird to me because I am 22 and am using a contraceptive pill.

I cant rely describe where the burning sensation is coming from. It seems like its jumping for my peepee hole to my vagina and back. I am suppose to start my period tommorow and it has flared up once again. I also experience a " needles and pins"  sensation on the skin of my vulva.

Naturally my stress levels has hit the roof about this problem. My doctor is talking about things like biopsy and putting a camera up my urine pipe and this scares me.

I am not on a medical fund and if I was to go for these things, I would never make it financially. Someone suggested that I should test my blood to see if I suffer from chronic Candida, but I dont know if I should.

Please, I don' t know if a homopathic (excuse spelling) doctor can help me with this. It just seems that every where I go a door is slammed in my face and that it is apparently " in my head" . I have lost my faith in medicine completely. It feels as if my life has come to an end.

Thank you so much.

Expert ImageArchive

Hello Cee,
Tea tree is a small tree native to only one area of the world - the northeast coastal region of New South Wales, Australia. The leaves are the source of tea tree oil. The medical world's first mention of tea tree appeared in the medical journal of australia in 1930, where a surgeon in sydney reported impressive results from a solution of tea tree oil for cleaning surgical wounds. Tea tree oil possesses significant antibiotic effects and is an ideal skin disinfectant, as it is active against a wide range of organisms, possesses good penetration, and is nonirritating to the skin.
Tea tree oil has demonstrated activity against a number of organisms that can cause vaginal infections, including trichomonas vaginalis and candida albicans. For vaginal infections, daily douches with one quart of water containing 4 to 5 ml of tea tree oil is often recommended.
Allergicreactions are not uncommon. It is recommended that individuals apply the oil to a small area of skin before using tea tree oil extensively for the first time, so as to avoid developing contact dermatitis over a larger area.

Do not use corticosteroids or oral contraceptives until your condition improves. Oral contraceptives can upset the balance of microorganisms in the body.

Take a good probiotic.