Question
Posted by: Private & Confidential | 2008/06/16

At my ends wit...

I really need some help.. I'm at my ends wit here...

My daughter of 8 years old is really driving me insane... She is so hyperactive... she's not ADD or ADHD because she can concentrate and her academics are really good... her brain just doesn't stop firing... she's running around WILD from 5am til 8pm... she sleeps like the dead when it's time for bed... now... the problem is ... it's driving my boyfriend away... he said he can't handle her anymore... and i can't blame him... my mom can't handle her nor my brother... so i know it's not him... and he has 2 kids of his own... but... they're so calm... PLEASE HELP???

Also... I am so insecure in my relationship... so jealous and possessive... PLEASE HELP ME... how does someone overcome this???

,,,,,

4
Posted by: An adhd mom | 2008/06/18

You know, there are kids whith adhd who can concentrate. I have a hyperactive child and I understand the unbelievable stress that can bring to a home and unless you have been there you have no idea how bad it can get. Please speak to your doctor to consider even jst a trial run of some medication for hyperactivity and see if it improves your and her qaulity of life. It made a huge difference for us and brought harmony and happiness all around. And my child did not become a zombie - my child started to act like a normal child and still played and ran and jumped - but not non stop and at inaprpriate times.

Reply to An adhd mom
Posted by: Gentle Voice Of Reason | 2008/06/17

I promise you that man who you say your daughter is driving away, wouldnt care a rats behind if he was in your shoes and his daughter/son was driving you away by just being a child., because thats whats happening, she os being a child by being wild and active. Women are such fools, we are so quick to give up something for a man, even if its our own flesh and blood, but men I tell you are the more intelligent sex, they would NEVER do something that doesnt suit them just for a woman. Sis on you for shoving your child who shpould be your priority, aside. If he can't understand that she is a child who obviously needs some sort of medical intervention, tell him to go jump in the sea, tell him to bugger off. Why the hell are you saying you cant blame him? Go and see your GP so he can refer you to someone that can get your daughter the help she needs! Tell your so-called boyfriend this, that youre going to get her some help and if he doesnt understand, let him take a hike. Stop being so desperate for a man in your life that you're willing to put your own child aside. Im disgusted!

Reply to Gentle Voice Of Reason
Posted by: Someone | 2008/06/16

The expression is: At my wit's end! Not my end's wit :)

Reply to Someone
Posted by: Maria | 2008/06/16

Your daughter might just have naturally high energy levels. Is she involved in any organised sport that she can channel the energy into?
Some kids also react badly to too much sugar, additives, preservatives and colourants. Especially red colourant is problematic. What is her diet like?

Reply to Maria