Question
Posted by: Beyond Tired | 2010-11-27

At last the past in the past

Hi CS and friends,
No real question here CS, except to ask why do people still believe they can walk over me?

I wanted to share with you that I have for the first time ever actually worked through a lot of things from my past, some scary and some clarified and for the first time ever I actually could put them in the past.
I have also found God and I believe with Him in my life things will only go for the better.
I had met a gentlemen, and I use that term loosely, that I thought had my interests at heart but I was wrong, but now I have enough guts to walk away, something I could never do, I have realised I don''t have to listen to his ramblings.
I am still fighting to stop drinking, I was clean for quite some time, but he didn''t understand that I had a problem, I asked him to help and not offer me alcohol or anything, that didn''t work, but I did stop, then a ''friend'' wanted to talk to me and I ended up drinking with her. I now know she isn''t a real friend because when I told her I don''t drink anymore she would have accepted it but she didn''t. I am learning to cut myself off from these kinds of people, it is difficult and sometimes painful. I am also beginning to feel emotions again, they were dead for some time.

I am fighting to get my children back, I miss them but they are safe with my sister and her husband, while my life is still doing a bit of a seesaw I know I cannot hurt them. I know though that I am getting better and I am a lot calmer than I used to be, I feel happier and more at peace. The LORD our GOD is my saving grace, through the name of JESUS I know I will be okay.

I hope CS that you will be blessed because you have touched and helped so many lost souls with your advise and open heartedness, may God hold and bless you.
BT

Hello again, BT. So pleased t hear you have managed to work through some significant issues arising from your past life, and have usefully managed to put them behind you. Well done.
Keep up your detrmination not to drink, and remember that NOBODY who encourages anyone with alcohol problems to drink, is a friend. And its good to hear that you have found a mode of faith that is comforting for you.

1