Question
Posted by: First timer | 2009/10/23

At how many weeks can you give birth?

Hi GD

I' m going to be a 1st time mother-I would just like to know at how many weeks is your baby out of the danger zone when being born? Ie If your baby is born at 35 weeks,is it ok? And in general how far in a pregnancy is babies born?
Your advice would be helpful
Tx :o)

The normal is for labour to start between 37 and 41 weeks. After 34 weeks, the chances of survival are close to 100%

4

Mine were born at 34 weeks - very small, but able to survive.

Posted by: Ma | 2009/10/23

37 weeks is considered " full term"  by most doctors. My baby came at 36 weeks and although very small, only weighing 2.2 kg she could come home after 1 week. Most babies are born between 37-40 weeks and some only in week 41 or 42 it totally depends on a many number of things!!

Reply to Ma