Question
Posted by: Tiaan | 2009/06/25

Asthma pumps

Hi Doc,

I am an asthmatic, and make use of asthma pumps from time to time. I have asked the question to may pharmacists, but they can never give me an answer:

Why is the Berotec pump so much more expensive that for instance Ventolin or Ashvent? I have found that it works quicker, but can you give me some more insight into the difference between the pumps and why there is such a big price difference?

Many thanks

Hallo Tiaan
Berotec is not the same drug as Ventolin or Asthavent and is also made by a different pharmaceutical company. There isn't a generic similar drug available in SA