Posted by: BMJ | 2010-03-15

Asthma out of control

I have asthma and I use Seretide 250mg twice daily. I use my preventer religiously. For the past 3 weeks I have had to use my reliever up to four times a day and it seems to get worse.

I am not sick but I am coughing (I think it is because my chest closes up all the time). I have even increased my Seretide to 2 puff twice daily. At the end of last year at had a very bad reaction to prednisone and went into steroid withdrawal and I am so afraid of having to take oral cortisone now.

Is there anything I can do to help my breathing? I feel like a full blown asthma attach waiting to happen.

Expert ImageComplementary Therapies Forum

This patient could well be very acidic “metabolically” genly but excaserbatted by prolonged cortisone use...High acidity levels will lead to increased histamine levels and thereby increased allergy reactions as in excess mucous release , inflammation and asthma.

I would suggest modifying the diet : Cut out processed refined wheat products as white bread, pastries , cakes, biscuits, etc. Eliminate sugars, cola’s and dairy 85% of the time. Do not have oranges and naartjies. These foods cause acidity. (drinking sufficient water with fresh lemon is also helpful in de-toxing and alkalanizing)

I would alkalanize the body with a supplement called Cell Essential(MSM) or any of the ALKALANIZING Powders.
I would remedy with PEGASUS HISTAMINE COMP 30C (Homeopathic anti-histamine) and PEGASUS BRONCHIAL RELIEF 30C (Homeopathic bronchodilator and chest “Strengthener”). These can be introduced in conjunction with the patients allopathic medication and they may find they’re able to eventually use less of the allopathic drugs.(An asthmatic patient must NEVER suddenly discontinue their medication!)
These 2 remedies would be taken alternatively half hourly apart for 3 doses of each, then hourly apart for a further 3 doses of each and finally two hourly apart until relief of the asthma symptoms are substantial. Thereafter one dose of each per day as maintenance for 2 weeks to achieve a major “shift” of the condition.

Best Regards
ian Wheeler