Question
Posted by: BMJ | 2010-03-11

Asthma out of control

Dear Dr Bets

I have asthma and I use Seretide 250mg twice daily. I use my preventer religiously. For the past 3 weeks I have had to use my reliever up to four times a day and it seems to get worse. I am not sick but I am coughing (I think it is because my chest closes up all the time). I have even increased my Seretide to 2 puff twice daily. At the end of last year at had a very bad reaction to prednisone and went into steroid withdrawal and I am so afraid of having to take oral cortisone now. Is there anything I can do to help my breathing? I feel like a full blown asthma attach waiting to happen.

BMJ

2
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010-03-15

Reply to cyberdoc
Posted by: Dr Bets | 2010-03-11

Hallo BMJ
You could very well have a low grade underlying infection - let your doctor have a look as you may need antibiotics. You are doing everything else right! The rule with taking Predisone is that you should try to always taper it if you used it for longer than 5 days, and never stop cold turkey.

Reply to Dr Bets