Posted by: Cherilynn | 2011-05-23

Asthma or what is it?

Yesterday we visited the Kruger Park, while driving on a sand road I struggled to breathe. Later that evening, my chest felt like it was closing in and I had this very dry cough, and still struggled to catch my breath. I took some Venteze (pump) and it didn''t work, I took some Allergex as I thought it might be a reaction to something. Although it helped me sleep, I woke up this morning feeling the same way, still struggling to breath, chest is tight and dry cough.

I used to have asthma when I was very small, about 15 years ago but it went away.

I am a smoker, I only smoke 5 cigarettes a day. Although the symptoms started at the kruger park it flared up again after having my first cigarette last night. I have not smoked since in fear that it will get worse.

Should I consult my doctor, could it be asthma flaring up again, or what else could it be?

I suggest that you consult your doctor, as it is possible that your asthma is flaring up.