Question
Posted by: Gym-er | 2011/04/13

Asthma, beta agonists and heart health

Good day Doc

Iam a 27 yr old female and I am currently on salbutamol inhaler. I try to work out everyday but I am concerned about the .effects of this drug on my heart long term. Am I not going to have some tachycardia or any kind of damage to my heart.

Please advise

Hallo Gym-er
No Salbutamol will not damage your heart - it has side effects of causing palpitations but this is just due to the specific receptors it targets. Gold standard treatment is actually to be on a long term cortisone or long acting beta agonist inhaler twice daily if you get asthma symptoms every day.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011/04/13

Hallo Gym-er