Posted by: IRENE | 2009-03-19

Asthma attacks????

I have a history of allergies,pneumonia,bronchitis and asthma runs in my family,apparently i was diagnised as a child but i' ve never experienced an attack.Yesterday was cloudy where i live and i suddenly felt my chest tighten and i felt like coughing to relief it but it persisted,went to a pharmacy and gave me alcophillin and venteze,i was ok after a while .its the 2nd day today same feeling and a bit of shaky hands as well.I can also feel that my heart beat is a bit unusual its a bit faster.What could be wrong with me?do i need to see a doctor urgently?Thanks

Hi Irene
The shaky hands can be a side effect of the Alcophyllin and Venteze, but the tight feeling could be a sign of asthma. Ask your doctor to refer you for a lung function test to confirm. If it is asthma, you should probably get more longacting long term treatment as both Alcophyllin and Venteze is short acting ( around 4-6 hours effectivity) and have side effects like jitteryness and fast heart beat.