Question
Posted by: BMJ | 2011-03-03

Asthma

Dear Dc

I am an asthmatic using seretide and ventolin. In the last 2 days I have battled to keep my chest clear, I keep closing up. I am not sick and suspect it is the humidity. I ahve to use my ventolin every hour and still my chest feels tight. I am scared I am going to have an attack. hat must I do?

Hallo BMJ
Please remember that I don't always see the questions immediately and from Friday to Sunday Dr Anrich Burger answers questions - so it is probably too late now to answer. But for next time - if you find that your chest is closed up and Ventolin does not work, you should see your doctor as he/she may need to add cortisone tablets to get it open. It can be due to an irritant in the air (cold, humidity or allergens)

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011-03-07

Hallo BMJ